Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost with organic fertilizers is an all-purpose compost for both outdoor and indoor gardening:
· Planting in open ground or pots of trees, shrubs, plants for flowerbeds and rock gardens.
· Repotting green or flowering plants
· Transplanting, cutting, sowing.
PLANTING IN OPEN GROUND
- Mix 2/3 of Horticultural Compost with 1/3 of your garden soil.
- Dig a hole three times larger than your root ball.
- Place at the bottom of the hole some gravel or shards, cover with the Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost.
- Water the root ball well and place it inside the hole.
- Fill the hole up to the surface with the mix you prepared. Pack lightly and water.
PLANTING IN PLANTERS OR RAISED BEDS
- Make sure your planter has enough drainage holes, one every 15 cm (6 inches).
- Place shards or gravel at the bottom of the planter for the excess water to seep through.
- Fill with Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost.
- Dig holes slightly larger than your root balls, consider how the plants will grow. Fill with Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost, pack lightly and water.
- Roots grow, it is therefore important to provide them with ample space by choosing a new pot that is 2 to 4 cm (0.8 to 1.6 inch) larger in diameter.
- Soil tilth deteriorates with time, hence the need to enrich it periodically.
Flowerbeds: Mix 1/3 of Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost with 2/3 of your garden soil over a depth of 15 cm (6 inches).
Shrubs: Put a layer of about 10 cm (4 inches) of Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost at the bottom of the hole previously dug. Place the plant then fill with a mix of 1/3 Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost and 2/3 soil.
In open ground (vegetables and flowers): Incorporate 8 to 10 liters / m2 (2 to 2.5 gal / 10 ft2) of Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost to the surface area you plan to cultivate, then cover the seeds with compost to increase germination.
In pot or planter: Fill the container up to 5 cm (2 inches) from the rim with Tonusol’s Organic Horticultural Compost, level the compost, spray with water and sow at regular intervals. Cover the seeds with a thin layer of Horticultural Compost and place a clear plastic sheet on top.
TONUSOL’S ADVICE: For general care and to provide nutrients to your plants, add some Lombric Compost onto the surface every six months.