When to use this product?
Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost is suitable for all kinds of gardening, repotting, all types of plants, organic vegetable gardens, sowing.
- Choose a pot 2 cm (0.8 inch) larger in diameter than the previous one, carefully remove the plant without damaging the roots and cut off the dead ones.
- Place gravel or shards at the bottom of the new pot to ensure adequate drainage.
- Fill about 1/3 of the pot with Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost.
Cacti and other succulents:
- Place the plant upright in the middle of the pot and fill with compost all around the root ball up to 2 cm (0.8 inch) from the lip. Pack lightly and water generously.
- Mix 1/3 sand and 2/3 Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost.
General care: Starting about 3 months later, add some Tonusol’s Organic Lombric Compost onto the surface 2 to 3 times a year.
Preferably in spring or fall.
In open ground:
- Dig a hole twice as big as the root ball, tease the latter well.
- Prepare a mix of 1/3 Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost and 2/3 garden soil over a depth of 15 cm (6 inches).
- Fill half the hole, place the plant in the middle. Cover the roots with compost. Pack and water.
In garden beds and planters:
- Put a layer gravel or shards at the bottom to ensure drainage, fill with Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost.
- Place your plants and add some more compost.
- Pack lightly and water generously.
In open ground: vegetables and flowers
Incorporate 8 to 10 liters / m2 (2 to 2.5 gal / 10 ft2) of Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost to the surface area you plan to cultivate, then cover the seeds with Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost to increase germination.
In pots or planters:
Fill the container up to 1.5 cm (0.6 inch) from the lip with Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost, spray with water and sow at regular intervals. Cover the seeds with a thin layer of compost and place a clear plastic cover on top to retain moisture.
Add 1 or 2 handfuls of Tonusol’s Organic All-Purpose Compost at the bottom of each hole, cover the roots well, pack and water.
ADDING COMPOST TO YOUR LAWN
Spread 2 to 4 liters / m2 (0.5 to 1 gal / 10 ft2) every year in spring or fall.
IMPROVING SOIL TILTH
Incorporate 5 liters / m2 (1.3 gal / 10 ft2) over a 3 to 4 cm (1.2 to 1.6 inch) depth.