Organic Clay Pebbles
Tonusol’s Organic Expanded Clay Pebbles are natural, ready to use, super-heated in a dust-free environment, without any asperities of a regular granulometry, and of a beautiful, decorative, orange color. The pebbles have a draining function when placed at the bottom of pots, planters, and window boxes.
Trouver un point de vente
· Natural, without dust or breaks. Draining and decorative function.
· The ecological answer of mulch to ‘Zero Phyto’, the project aiming at no longer using plant protection products.
· Can be used in organic farming in accordance with the current European legislation.
Balcon / Terrasse
Balcon / Terrasse
How to use Tonusol vegetable fertilized soil
Organic Expanded Clay Pebbles
For your plants in pots or window boxes
When repotting your potted plants with Tonusol’s compost, do not fill the container up completely. Leave 6 to 7 cm free (2.4 to 2.8 inches) up to the rim, and add a 3 to 4 cm layer (1.2 to 1.6 inch) of Tonusol’s Clay Pebbles. Make sure to leave 2 cm (0.8 inch) between the pebbles and the pot’s lip to avoid them flowing outside the pot when watering.
· SURFACE TREATMENT:
Remove 6 cm (2.4 inches) of soil or compost, place a 3 cm layer (1.2 inch) of Tonusol’s Clay Pebbles, and leave 2 cm (0.8 inch) between the pebbles and the pot’s lip to avoid their rolling out.
The container must have drainage holes, otherwise drill some with an awl.
Place a 3 cm drainage layer of clay pebbles at the bottom of the container.
· AERATION OF YOUR COMPOST:
By mixing the clay pebbles with your compost, you will ensure the aeration of the milieu around the roots, which in turn will allow their development, and you will also provide them with an additional water-storage capacity in case of draught.
- Mix Tonusol’s Clay Pebbles with your compost at a rate of 10% of its volume.
- Place also a draining layer of clay pebbles at the bottom of the container.
The beautiful orange color and the perfect calibration of Tonusol’s Clay Pebbles will provide a nice ornament to the surface of your pots and window boxes as well as prevent weeds from growing.